Friday, 18 May 2012

A wee jolly to the far north east of Scotland

Hello!  Thank you all so much for the lovely comments you left on my last post.  Also, another cheery 'hello' to new followers!

I was hoping to show you some photos of the inside of our house today but the weather has been overcast, drizzly, cold and rubbish for taking snaps, so as soon as we have a sunny day, I'll get photographing. 

Yesterday, to escape this poor weather, I made a packed lunch and jumped in the car with Rob, as he had a meeting in Brora and had to pop into Golspie too.  We knew it was going to be dry in the far north east of Scotland, so why not, I thought.  Whilst he was busy, I enjoyed a wander round these two pretty coastal towns.  

Lisa's Hairdresser.  How cute and gingerbready.  Look at the curly lead detail on the ridge too. 


 
 pretty cottages and old lamp posts,


gorgeous but neglected, decorative railing on a bay window


and homemade garden sculptures,


made of twigs above (they had also made a fox) 
and shells and stones below.

 
And you know me, I'm a sucker for wriggly tin in particular.  Here is the Episcopal church in Brora and an enormous wooden, tin roofed building, which has an industrial/agricultural feel about it, in Golspie.  The dormer windows are wonderful complete with tall iron finials.



I lit the wood burner just before I sat down to write this and have realised that I failed to keep an eye on it, so I had better go and either try to rescue it or begin again! 

Hope you have a lovely weekend.  I am hoping for sun and warmth ... yes, highly unlikely but you never know, the forecasters could have it entirely wrong!

Love,
Katie x

3 comments:

  1. I think I saw more sun forecast for you than us this weekend Katie!
    I love buildings and you have some lovely one's here, I would love to have that hairdressers as my local hairdresser what a great place!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little lady made of shells!
    Thanks for your lovely comment yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish my hairdressers looked like that, it looks fab.
    I loved looking at your pictures Katie.
    Wishing you a lovely weekend too xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it's lovely to hear from you. Katie x